[osmocom-event-orga] 34c3 congress gsm network / AfRA 9.12. 14:00

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Dec 6 12:06:37 UTC 2017

Hi Kevin,

On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 06:13:10PM +0100, Kévin Redon wrote:
> Maybe it's a bit late to order SIM cards but if you still intend to do it I'm happy to quickly make the artwork for it.

It's way too late for SIM cards, sorry.  The usual problem in recent
years: I cannot take the risk of producing thousands of cards in advance
unless we know there will actually be a license.  And once we get a
license, it is typically almost impossible to still have cards
manufactured.

I'm checking if I can get at least white / unprinted (but provisioned)
cards still before christmas, but even there I'm not very optimistic.

> > I would like invite everybody who is interested in building the
> > network for this year to come to the AfRA [0] at 9.12. Saturday 14:00 in
> > Berlin.
>
> I am interested in helping out and will drop by then.

I don't want to make promises, but I'll try to be around for questions.
In the worst case, I'll make sure you can reach me on jabber/irc/phone
during that time.