OsmoDevCon 2014 / Date / Venue

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 22:00:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

> My intention is to keep it an 'active developer/contributer only' event,
> like we had it before.  I would also want to keep the group relatively
> small, to keep the 'Osmocom family' atmosphere.

+1

> If we keep the number of attendees within the same range as this year,
> then I'm sure we could again hold it at the same venue.   I know it is
> not perfect, but it is a place that we have access to, 24 hours per day,
> and free of cost for community projects like osmocom.org.

I think the "who" will mostly depend on the "when". So maybe just put
the absolute "no go" dates and "preferred" dates for each interested
party on the wiki, then see what comes out of it ?

> = When? =
>
> Q1/2014.  In January, I'm not aware of any 'blocker' events.  February,
> there is Fosdem (Feb 1 + Feb 2), and MWC from Feb 24 through Feb 27.  In
> March there is CeBIT (March 10-14) and Easter holidays (with EasterHegg
> March 17-21).  Did I miss any other FOSS / mobile event that might clash
> in Q1?

There is Karlsruhe Workshop on Software Radio. (WSR) 2014 (March
12-13) that I'd like to attend (and horizon as well AFAIK).

And I actually wouldn't mind if I had osmodevcon and WSR back-to-back
to group my travel.

steve-m and Hoernchen also have uni stuff where 1-24 March would be
the only viable options.

Cheers,

    Sylvain