OsmoDevCon important information

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Mar 29 20:06:07 UTC 2013

Dear all,

OsmoDevCon is getting close, and I would like to share some last-minute
information with you.

== Venue Address ==

Just in case you're travelling and don't have Web access (or expensive
roaming): Here's the address of the Venue:
Lehrter Strasse 53
10557 Berlin

== Starting Time ==

We will start at 10am every day, just like last year with OsmoDevCon.

If you arrive later on Thursday, please let me know your expected
arrival time, so I can make sure not to schedule important discussions
at a time where most people are not here yet.

== Lunch ==

Lunch break will be 1pm to 3pm, and we will have lunch catering every
day, i.e. we will not have to leave during lunch time.  Lunch is covered
by sysmocom.

== Dinner ==

Each night, we have the option of either

a) going out to some restaurant.
b) getting pizza from a pizza place 50m down the road
c) asking the bakery to bring sandwiches ("belegte broetchen")

The dinner is not sponsored, so each attendee would have to pay for
themselves.

For Thursday, we only have cold food for lunch so I suggest we get Pizza
for dinner.  For the other days, we should have a short vote on the
first day, so the other days can be reserved/organized.

== Talks / Workshops ==

I think the list of topics / talks / workshops is still relatively
short.  I understand that nobody wants ot talk about stuff they don't
consider new or exciitng.  However, if somebody has suggestions what
topics they would want to _hear_ about, please send them as follow-up to
this thread and I'll see if we can convince one of the experts on the
subject to talk about it.

The Schedule will be more ad-hoc than last year, but we should have a
rough idea by the start of the event.

== Emergency Contact Number ==

Especially for our foreign visitors: In case you run into any trouble or
need assistance finding the venue, etc.:  You can reach me at my mobile
phone at +49-163-8473666

Looking forward to meeting all of you soon,