OsmoDevCon 2013 / Schedule / Call for Topics

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 10:20:36 UTC 2013

On Feb 27, 2013 9:25 PM, "Harald Welte" <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> == Working Groups / Code Sprints ==
>
> At IN-Berlin, we will have multiple rooms available, not just one main
> room where we can all meet.  This has the advantage that "Special
> Interest Groups" can form and spend time in one of the otehr rooms
> without interfering with whatever might be going on in the main room.
>
> == Talks / Scheudling ==
>
> It was requested that we don't fill the entire schedule with talks,
> otherwise people might be hesitant to split away into a working group
> and get practical work done.
>
> Therefore, the suggestion is to have either two days of talks/workshops
> in the large room and two dedicated hacking days, or we split into
> something like mornings: talks, evenings: hacking.
>
> I think we first try to collect topics for talks and then see how we can
> fit them in the schedule, while leaving sufficient space for working
> groups.
>
> == Talk topics ==
>
> Those are just those that come to my head so far, I'm primarily looking
> for your own suggestions/submissions here:
>
> * osmo-pcu status/presentation (for those who haven't used it yet)
> * osmo-sdr hardware + misc software news / update (maybe separate)
> * OsmocomBB based transceiver
> * xgoldmon: Interface Samsung X-GOLD with GSMTAP+Wireshark
> * libosmosim: SIM/USIM parsing/encoding toolkit

I would l love to listen about the work Andreas is doing with OpenBTS
transceiver integration with OsmoBTS.

> == Workgroup / Hacking days Topics ==
>
> Those are just those that come to my head so far, I'm primarily looking
> for your own suggestions/submissions here:
>
> * fixing osmo-sgsn (TLLI issues, persistent MM context, msgb ownership)
> * Brainstorming + kick-off for custom Calypso PCB
> * make GSMTAPv3 less vaporware?
> * OsmoCOS (card-OS) code sprint

I propose OpenBSC and OpenBTS networks integration strategies discussion
and may be some hacking.

Please excuse typos. Written with a touchscreen keyboard.

Alexander Chemeris
CEO/Founder Fairwaves LLC
http://fairwaves.ru