GSM at EasterHegg?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Mar 3 22:40:17 UTC 2013

Hi Alexander,

On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 01:09:00AM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
> 03.03.2013 20:36 пользователь "Harald Welte" <laforge at gnumonks.org> написал:
> > We might be doing a (paid, free sotware) new GGSN soon, so I had one
> > more excuse to not work on it recently...
>
> Which language do you plan to use?

For a GGSN?  Come on.  GGSNs are user plane devices that have to pump
gigabits and gigabits of data.  The only logical choice is an
implementation in pure C, with the user plane inside the linux kernel
(like most other packet tunneling systems like ppp, ipsec, l2tp,
pppoe,...) and only the control plane handled by a small userspace
daemeon.