GSM at EasterHegg?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Mar 3 15:18:44 UTC 2013

Hi all

JFYI: The time is extremely short for still applying for a test license,
in case you haven't done that already.

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 01:28:48PM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
> As far as I know me, Max and Nico are going. Since CCC Camp I'm part
> of the core team that runs test networks, and I'll bring the server
> that we've been using since 28c3. (It also has data from the earlier
> test networks.)

great!

> I'll talk to Holger about bringing some two-digit number of new SIMs.

shouldn't be a problem.

> > and, more importantly, for people able to operate it. One idea
> > we had was testing out "IPv6 over GPRS" - I don't know if that's
> > interesting for you?
>
> I'm not sure if some bits are still missing for that. Personally not
> interested enough to work on it, but I think it would be interesting
> if someone else does.

It is not much that is required, but definitely more than just a couple
of hours of hacking both on the SGSN and (even more so) on the GGSN
side.  I always wanted to do it, but it's a low-priority item.

We might be doing a (paid, free sotware) new GGSN soon, so I had one
more excuse to not work on it recently...

So for easterhegg: Unlesss somebody really familiar with OsmoSGSN and
OpenGGSN magically appears and has a lot of time before the event, I
don't think it will happen.