openimscore (Re: OsmoDevCon important information)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Apr 3 20:31:21 UTC 2013

Hi Max,

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 07:56:48PM +0200, ☎ wrote:
> Pardon the last-moment notice but it would be also great to learn more about
> http://www.openimscore.org/ - how relevant it is to osmocom, any deployment
> experience someone might have etc.

to the best of my knowledge, most of what Fraunhofer FOKUS is doing
regarding LTE/IMS is called "open" but by no means open source.  They
simply use the term to "openwash" their projects.  "open" to them means
that it is available to everyone who can pay for it ;)

OpenIMScore seems to be the only exception to that rule in that it
actually is open source.

I have some contacts at the respective FOKUS group, if you want I can
send an intro mail.  But for OsmoDevCon it's too late, sorry.