OpenBSC / OpenBTS integration

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:06:22 UTC 2012

17.10.2012 22:57 пользователь "Sylvain Munaut" <246tnt at gmail.com> написал:

> Hi,
>
> >> If both system are to be deployed and be seamless for the user, I
> >> guess they're going to broadcast the same MCC/MNC as we always do.
> >
> > Btw, what if we run two different MNCs - would there be any difference
> > from running "same MNC, separate LAC" configuration? We've been
> > discussing this with Ivan here and it seems from the OpenBTS point of
> > view there is no difference.
>
> The SIM distributed (including ones at past events) have a specific
> MNC/MCC, they'll preferrably camp to that specific MNC/MCC.

Yep. But if the preferred MCC/MNC is not available, they will roam into a
network which allows them to roam. And the only such network is the OpenBTS
network. Here I'm assuming that OpenBSC and OpenBTS networks have different
coverage.

Sent from my Android device.

Alexander Chemeris
CEO, Fairwaves LLC