OsmoDevCon 2022 ?

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Mon Nov 15 07:44:13 UTC 2021

Getting back to this discussion,

It has become clear that

* people are interested in an on-site event
* we want a larger venue with more air / space, which still is not a hotel/conference room
  (I'll try to make that happen and am confident)
* daily self-testing is OK

There was a proposal to move it to slightly later in the year (e.g. late May
instead of late April) in order to enjoy better weather, be able to get more
fresh air into the venue, and spend more time outdoor.

So far I only remember Keith making the proposal but no other comments on that.

To me, it doesn't make much of a difference if it's late April or late May, as
long as we stay clear of school holidays (starting may 27).

Given that the COVID-19 situation quickly deteriorates at this point, I also
think a longer delay between winter and the event would be a good idea, as it
means a likely much lower probability of infection during travel, etc.

So, unless anyone has a strong preference for April over May, I will be looking
into organizing a venue for a tentative date of May 19...23.

- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/