PySim-shell: File not found errors

bryan coxwell bryancoxwell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 16:18:48 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I'm using pySim-Shell with a SysmoISIM-SJA2 as well as a SysmoUSIM-SJS1 and
on both cards I get quite a few "File not found" errors trying to access
different EFs. I'll use EF.NCP-IP as an example to illustrate the issue I'm
having below. My initial steps when I plug in the card are as follows:

1) ./pySim-shell -p0
2) verify_adm <adm1 key>
3) select ADF.USIM

Now when I run "dir" in ADF.USIM it lists a number of EFs I'm interested
in, including EF.NCP-IP. Since this requires service number 80 to be
available in EF.UST, I run "select EF.UST" followed by
"ust_service_activate 80". This runs without issue.

When I run select ADF.USIM now followed by select EF.NCP-IP, the card
returns a "File not found" error. So my questions are:

Is this file not supported on the SJA2 and SJS1?
Is there a way for me to add those files to ADF.USIM?
Is there a list of the known supported EFs of the SJA2 and SJS1? I looked
and couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance!