your mail

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Sun Jul 25 23:40:14 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 08:59:55AM +0800, Henry Caga wrote:
> Hello, thanks for the reply. What i mean about disconnecting is to make
> camped devices as "un-camped" from my setup or bts. turning the phone in
> flight mode is the correct example but is it possible to un-camped a
> specific device from thw bts side or from my setup?

I'm still not sure I understand your actual practical aim.

osmo-bsc is responsible for actually active channels, e.g. while a voice call
is ongoing.

The "camping" part is done by the VLR in osmo-msc. You can "un-camp" a
subscriber via the osmo-msc VTY, see osmo-msc-vty-reference.pdf at
https://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/ , command
'subscriber (msisdn|extension|imsi|tmsi|id) ID expire'.
The VLR forgets the subscriber, but the phone will not show any change. After
the Periodical Location Update period, the phone will simply re-attach. When it
tries to use any service, it will first re-attach.
You could read up on Periodical Location Update. Or look at what happens after
such an expiry in wireshark.

You can also prohibit attaching of a subscriber, via osmo-hlr: see
osmo-hlr-vty-reference.pdf at above link, command
'subscriber (imsi|msisdn|id|imei) IDENT update network-access-mode (none|cs|ps|cs+ps)'

HTH