your mail

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Jul 21 23:21:50 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 04:20:55AM +0800, Henry Caga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to disconnect a connected device to
> my osmo-bsc system?
>
> After running my osmo-bsc setup and my test phone is connected to my usrp
> via 2g, is it possible to send a vty command or what are the steps to make
> the connected device to detach to my bts?
>
> Thank you so much.
>
> Hnjojo

On osmo-bsc level on a live channel you could try to release the lchan the
subscriber is using with this VTY command:

 enable
 bts <0-255> trx <0-255> timeslot <0-7> sub-slot <0-7> deactivate fr

Of course the subscriber is then still attached to the network on MSC level,
but the active connection should be interrupted.

The question is what exactly do you mean by "disconnect".

you can also put your phone in flight mode to disconnect it...