Inexpensive Huawei GSM Picocells

Saturn Rocket saturn at rocketship.com
Fri Feb 12 16:45:45 UTC 2021

> Well, if it's a BTS, by definition it speaks Abis.  However, Abis is not
> fully standardized, and every vendor has their own dialect.  We reverse-engineered
> the dialects of Siemens, Nokia, Ericsson and ip.access to support them in OpenBSC,
> OsmoNITB and today OsmoBSC.

Whoops, Brain blip on my part... It speaks the Huawei flavour of Abis over IP, and not over E1.

There seems to be quite a few bits of documentation on scribd https://www.scribd.com/search?content_type=documents&page=1&query=bts3900b&language=1

Came across this blog too: https://nickvsnetworking.com/tag/bts3900/

Seems they've been experimenting with an larger sibling of this Picocell.

Best,

-Saturn