WIP / RFC for pysim 'next generation;' aka pysim-shell

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 21:47:08 UTC 2021

Hi Harald,

> I've never tried the "-delete" option for any of the ISIM/USIM applications,
> but it does look rather easy to try, if you are interested in that kind of
> thing.

Right now my curiosity in this area isn't strong enough to invest the
time into installing and learning the necessary tools, but I may
indeed try it one day.

> Please note, once you deleted it, there is likely no way to recover, as
> sysmocom cannot distribute third-party card applications in installable form.

Yes, I realize that I may blow the card - but I got a pack of 10 of
them for no purpose other than experiments, so...  And because they
are your current standard webshop product, I could always buy another
pack if need arises.

> I disagree.  This was a deliberate design decision for the SJA2 cards,
> in order to ensure maximum flexibility.  If you link/share those files,
> then all applications must always share the same key material and
> algorithm.

Then the actual linked vs. separate arrangement on the card should be
documented - meaning explicitly document what is shared/linked vs.
what is separate per SIM/USIM/ISIM.  Your manual does not explicitly
say one way or the other, and the comments in sysmo_isim_sja2.py make
it sound like it is some kind of unknown (which made me think of
reverse eng) whether the files are separate or linked.

M~