comparison of open source 4G and 5G implementations

Niels ten Oever lists at digitaldissidents.org
Fri Apr 30 19:55:29 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Slightly inspired by the excellent responses I got today on this list on another problem I wanted to ask a question about the comparison of open source 4G and 5G implementations.

While there are several lists that provide overviews of said open source software for 4G and 5G networks [0], I have not found a paper, blogpost, or table that compares the implementations in a meaningful manner.

Does such an overview exist, if so, could you point me to it, or if it doesn't exist, do you think such an overview would be helpful?

Have a great weekend.

Niels

PS If this is the wrong list to post this (kind of) question to, feel free to tell me so :)

[0] for instance https://github.com/ravens/awesome-telco and https://github.com/calee0219/awesome-5g
--
Niels ten Oever, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher - Media Studies Department - University of Amsterdam

https://nielstenoever.net - mail at nielstenoever.net - @nielstenoever - +31629051853
PGP: 2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488 643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3

Read my latest article on Internet infrastructure governance in New Media & Society here: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1461444820929320