Fwd: Support for new SDR devices

Xaver Zu xaver1zu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 20:36:04 UTC 2020

That library does a lot of work. Configures HW, sends samples to FPGA via
DMA, does calibration, normalization, format conversions ... Highly
optimized for Intel CPU. If everything were to be done in an equivalently
closed version, it would take several years of work for me. I would like to
start with a simple proof-of concept. Implementing only the functions used
in osmo-trx-pciesdr. In the first phase, these can be only dummy functions
writing or reading zeros.

I assume that the GPL violation problem will be solved from the moment I
will be able to build the library and link it with osmo-trx and run it.
The next step is just a matter of effort from anyone in the community.

Xaver