Alternatives to CalypsoBTS?

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 17:54:37 UTC 2020

Hi Domi,

> Throwing a quick glimps at the OsmoTRX wiki page I think the cheapest
> hardware that should work well is the LimeSDR - coming in at around 300 USD.

Looking around myself, I came to the same general conclusion - but
there are several different members of the Lime family.  It looks like
LimeSDR-Mini is the cheapest of all of them, but does it have some
problem compared to the original LimeSDR-USB?  Does it have a worse
clock that isn't good enough to run a GSM BTS?  And what about
LimeNET-Micro?  It appears to be priced the same as the original
LimeSDR-USB, but has a built-in RPi microcomputer that the software
would run on, and its GPSDO seems like a better clock option than all
of the predecessors - but I could be missing something...

M~