OsmoDevCon / COVID-19

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 19:50:51 UTC 2020

Hi,

I think a 2020 event doesn't make all that much sense.

I'm also not a big fan of online events, at this point well we have IRC.
At least my experience with video / audio conferencing has never been
good and it gets tiring very quickly.

So I would target a 2021 version.

I'm not sure how things are in Germany but at least here, with
reasonable precautions, the spread seems to be in regression, so
hopefully by April 2021 we'd have a fairly good view of what an
osmodevcon 2021 would look like.
As for the venue, I'm not convinced this would make that much of a
difference. I mean 4 days, with about 14h per day with the same
people, not sure how 1.5m distance effectiveness would be with
everyone moving around anyway.

Cheers,

     Sylvain