Ericsson RBS-2206 startup with OSMO

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras ralph at schmid.xxx
Thu Nov 12 10:33:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

> The question is not "could".  Any BTS always needs a proper, stable
reference
> clock.  So unless your BTS has a built-in GPS clock refrence (and that
> reference is configured/enabled), your E1 will have to provide a stable
clock
> reference.

How does the BTS judge if the clock satisfies its needs? Less sophisticated
systems don't care and simply are unstable / off the frequency when the
master clock is unstable / off-freq. The question is just because I am
technically interested in the topic. Everyday there pops up some exciting
stuff to learn out there :)

Ralph.