Final death of the NITB, really this time.

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Mon Nov 2 08:34:07 UTC 2020

Hi Keith,

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 08:17:34PM -0600, Keith wrote:
> I just noticed that osmo-bts commit
> 6d117891c93da969e0ff8b293bef97c699490f2b is the last version that can be
> brought up by the openBSC aka osmo-nitb.

I don't like that, we should not break backwards compatibility without a very
good reason.

If it's too hard to fix: It would be worth documenting this in the wiki
and, ideally, also in OsmoNITB (Readme? Manueal?) itself.

> Which makes me wonder now, should the openbsc / osmocom-nitb package
> continue to be published to repositories?

I think the reasone for that was some "utility" programs (or was it
osmo-bsc_nat?) only being built from there.  So we are building the
openbsc.git packages not for osmo-nitb itself.  Maybe we should simply
modify the debian control to no longer create osmo-nitb and
osmoocom-bsc-sccplite?

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/