Use of anytype in Osmocom TTCN-3 tests / TITAN

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Thu Mar 19 07:55:06 UTC 2020

Hi Vadim,

22:22 < fixeria> LaF0rge: oh, we already have 'template anytype' in pcu/PCUIF_RAW_Components.ttcn
22:23 < fixeria> ... and that's my code :P
22:26 < fixeria> yay, it even compiles
22:39 < fixeria> but does not work as expected: "error: Type mismatch: a value or template of type
                 `@Osmocom_Types.anytype' was expected instead of `integer'"
22:41 < fixeria> I am testing against uint8_t which is defined exactly in Osmocom_Types :/
22:52 < fixeria> LaF0rge: pespin_: https://pastebin.com/EL9JUqq9

Please see https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1074288&goto=1721710&#msg_1721710
for how to use anytype in TITAN

So if I modify the last line of Osmocom_Types.ttcn with your patch from
https://pastebin.com/EL9JUqq9 attached to this:

} with { encode "RAW"; variant "FIELDORDER(msb)" extension "anytype OCT1" }

The errors about the non-existant OCT1 field in anytype are gone.

This is of course not nice, but maybe a work-around to explicitly list those types
at the end for now?

- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/