CBS + ETWS + CMAS + Limesdrmini

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Thu Feb 13 09:34:02 UTC 2020

Dear Radiarisainana,

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 07:15:52PM +0000, Radiarisainana Sitraka wrote:
> I follow this tutorial : Version 10 - History - Cell Broadcast - Cellular Network Infrastructure - Open Source Mobile Communications for doing CBS with limesdrmini but it doesn't run , is it due to that limesdrmini doesn't support the command telnet to osmo-bsc at port 4242, and enter something likeor i do something wrong.

Where is your text log output?  Where are your protocol traces?  Where are the
exact version numbers of the relevant software components you used?

Also "Version 10 - History - Cell Broadcast - Cellular Network
Infrastructure - Open Source Mobile Communications" is not a "tutorial".
If you are referring to a very specific page in the osmocom wiki, then
please at least include a hyperlink to that page, so we know which exact
instructions you tried to use.

Please observe some very basic rules about reporting issues if you would
like to enable others to help you.  Otherwise it will be impossible for
anyone to provide any reasonable response.

Also, I fail to see the relevance of the hardware you use.  Why would
you think that there is anything inside the SDR hardware that affects
a feature many layers above?  It's like saying "With a Realtec Ethernet
card you cannot use Firefox, only Chrome".

- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/