Commercial MSs do not see the network

Joachim Steiger jsteiger at sysmocom.de
Wed Feb 12 20:36:48 UTC 2020

hi,

On 2/12/20 8:15 PM, Tomcsányi, Domonkos wrote:
[...]
> I assume with other radio hardware (e.g. umTRX) there are no issues with Exynos devices, so it is most probably the USRP not being good enough I think.

i regulary use a b200/b210 series for tests, so i am quite sure it works
when using a known good clock.

try sending a external clock to the device, for example a 10MHz gpsdo or
another source which you can trust.
sometimes even old lab equipment can be used as a source when it has a
reference clock output (typically bnc).

enable using it by adding to your osmo-trx.cfg:

trx
 clock-ref external

the internal clock generation on generic sdr boards (which are not
targeted at gsm/tdma systems) are often not precise enough.
this is true for the basic usrp series as well as simple boards like the
limesdr mini or usb(which you also can feed a clock).

in contrast: the limenet micro has a gpsdo on board for exactly this reason.
the same is true for boards like the UmTRX, or when you add an precision
source to a usrp. i think there is a  module to add gps for the usrp.

> However if anybody has any other ideas I’d still be happy to get any feedback and try things out :).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Domi

i hope this gets it working for you.

kind regards.