Support for new SDR devices

Xaver Zu xaver1zu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 13:46:45 UTC 2020

Hi,

I updated API and rebased it.

It works more stable with new version of osmo-bts.

What exactly does a "device backend" mean?
Is it content of osmo-trx/Transceiver52M/device/pciesdr/ or lower layers
(libsdr, kernel drivers or HW)?
This crash happen after device stop - start (caused by cmd PWROFF from
osmo-bts).

PCIESDRDevice.cpp:363 [tid=140137302865664] rc < 0
<0002> PCIESDRDevice.cpp:364 [tid=140137302865664] Sample buffer: Requested

I haven't found a working solution yet. Starting the demon again helps.

I managed to reach an uptime of more than 3 hours with one MS connected. So
I decide push it into gerrit for review
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/c/osmo-trx/+/19548

Are you considering adding support for floating format samples to the radio
interface?
The proprietary libsdr.so library (driver from manufacturer) expects
samples in float format. I have to convert short to float again during Rx /
Tx.

I received a feedbak from laforge with a request to complete the PCIeSDR
description. Is it possible to create a page on the wiki for this purpose?

Regards
XK1Zu

so 18. 7. 2020 v 18:19 odesílatel Pau Espin Pedrol <pespin at sysmocom.de>