ABIS Over SCTP Port 14597

Borjan Jovanovski jovanovskiborjan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 23:47:16 UTC 2019

Dear Mr. Hofmeyr,

Thank you for your kind help and support, yes it is also new to me, it is
mostly used in comercial systems due to the network size and complexity,
but yes i can confirm that i am talking about ABIS over SCTP. I even have
some documentation about it.
The device in question is a multimode (GSM,UMTS,LTE) Macrocell so the
packet capture contains the following information:

10.0.0.5 LTE SCTP port 36412
10.0.0.7 ABIS over SCTP for GSM port 14597
10.0.0.8 RNC IuB SCTP Port 29169

As of now also, another question, is there an open source RNC available?

Thanks once again for the help and support!