massive VTY related master-osmo-{msc,sgsn} build failures

Oliver Smith osmith at sysmocom.de
Tue Oct 29 08:48:07 UTC 2019

Hello Harald and ML,

I haven't quite figured out the cause. But so far I was able to
reproduce the problem locally with master-osmo-sgsn, and also with just
running one build at a time (to rule out that this is not related to
running builds in parallel, which should not be a problem due to builds
running in docker, but just to be sure).

In jenkins, the job built fine here (Oct 28, 2019 6:46 PM):
https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/master-osmo-sgsn/13941/

This one is a segfault (Oct 28, 2019 6:55 PM):
https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/master-osmo-sgsn/13942/

Here it definitively failed with the vty error (Oct 28, 2019 7:17 PM):
https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/master-osmo-sgsn/13943/

It seems to be a regression in libosmocore (there were quite a few
changes, especially [1]), but so far I was not able to get it building
locally with an older libosmocore version.

[1]: https://gerrit.osmocom.org/c/libosmocore/+/15827

Regards,
Oliver

--