build2.osmocom.org hardware replacement

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Mon Oct 28 21:01:20 UTC 2019

Hi all,

during the past couple of days, there have been a high number of build
failures due to 'illegal instruction'.  I checked about a handful of
them, and they all happened on build2.osmocom.org.

On the machine nothing strange could be observed, i.e. no oopses or the like.
Also, debsums didn't report any broken compiler binaries.

I've taken the builds slaves offline and asked for the machine to be replaced
(disks will be moved so no data loss expected).

Let's hope that fixes it.  If not, I guess a full re-install of OS +
lxc's (via ansible) is up next.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/