optional steps in ttcn3 interleave

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Fri Oct 18 09:13:51 UTC 2019

Hi Neels,

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 11:06:30AM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> why not simply have a "var template ..." that is assigned before and then use that
> variable instead of the template in the receive statement?  Probably because it's
> separate TTCN-3 types (BSSAP vs. RANAP)?  I think I read that there's some kind of
> "ANY" type (called anytype). but have never used it, and I don't know if you can have a
> "var template anytype".  Maybe worth a try?
>
> TTCN3_P.pdf contains a slide about it, important part seems to use the 'with extension anytype' part at the end of the module, listing the types.

I just gave it a very simple try, and at least "var template anytype
foo" still compiles, as do statements like  "foo.PDU_BSSAP :=
tr_BSSMAP_..." and "foo.RANAP_PDU := tr_RANAP_...".

So it should be possible to construct a receive-template variable this
way.  I haven't used it from an interleave PORT.receive() but don't see
why it shouldn't work.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/