New features without tests :/

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Fri May 24 12:41:39 UTC 2019

On 24/05/2019 11:36, Harald Welte wrote:
> Dear fellow Osmocom developers, [...]

Hi Harald..

I certainly have in mind that in order to continue developing,
especially if it involves anything approaching a "new feature", I need
to learn how to write tests, and then of course to test the tests before
using the tests to test! Given that ttcn3 is still a new language to me,
this represents something of a learning curve, of course.

I know that there is a docker setup (I haven't played with it yet)  -
I'm just wondering if there is a easier (better) way than each
individual developer running there own entire ttcn3/osmo stack test
environment?

Maybe I'm over estimating the complexity of that?

Thanks.