libosmocore wishlist

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Thu Mar 21 01:46:50 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 05:43:51PM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> it should be possible to convert all callers of log functions to hand
> in a full line in one call and remove the LOGPC/DEBUGPC for continuation.

+1 for removing LOGPC.

I already avoid using them, and write patches to remove them, because
1) they end up in messy multiple GSMTAP-log packets,
2) they check each time over whether a log category is enabled and invoke the
   log system N times for the same line,
3) often cause with buggy logging, forgetting an \n or with intermediate other
   logging happening in some cases.

~N