Using trxcon/fake_trx with PDCH for TTCN3 tests

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Jul 29 18:42:25 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 10:50:12AM +0200, Oliver Smith wrote:
> Hi Vadim,
>
> thank you very much for your in-depth answer!

Thanks also from my side.  Given that the amount of resources we have
for writing PCU tests is rather limited, I would suggest Oliver to stay
with virt_phy for now and focus on the actual PCU tests and not on
building required infrastructure.

In general, I still believe that for a "normal" MS behavior (whether
in a test case or not), it is best to have some TBF state inside the
L1 and filter the TFI there.  Otherwise L2 just gets swamped with lots
of messages that aren't interesting for it, and will just clog up logs,
consume CPU (thinking of a real MS), ...

> But as I'm just diving into this, I'll get the existing but disabled
> (probably incomplete?) TC_ul_tbf and TC_ul_tbf_single_llc_sizes tests
> running first. I'll start with virt_phy for now, and then see how far I
> can get with it.

The tests you mentioned were passing at some point.  Of course our
TTCN-3 infrastructure and OsmoBTS as well as OsmoPCU have evolved since,
so there may be some fall-out :(