FW: OpenBSC on 3rd party MSC

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Jul 29 14:49:19 UTC 2019

Related: https://osmocom.org/issues/3476
"osmo-bsc manual needs to explain the AoIP config 'cs7 instance'"

Note that the osmo-msc manual has a similar section: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmomsc-usermanual.pdf
"See OsmoMSC manual 'Running OsmoMSC' / 'Configure primary links' -- the OsmoBSC manual needs a similar section"

A cs7 section I found in one of my test setups is:

cs7 instance 0
 point-code 0.23.3
 asp asp-clnt-msc-0 2905 0 m3ua

If you're using SCCPlite, it could look something like

cs7 instance 0
 sccp-timer ias 90
 point-code format 24
 point-code 1196
 asp asp-clnt-msc-0 5000 0 ipa
  remote-ip 123.45.0.200
  local-ip 123.45.49.100
 as as-clnt-msc-0 ipa
  asp asp-clnt-msc-0
  routing-key 0 1196
  point-code override dpc 100
 sccp-address remote_msc
  point-code 100
msc 0
 msc-addr remote_msc

I hope that helps? Configuring cs7 is not trivial, maybe would make sense to
book some support hours and provide direct access so that developers can help
you directly...

~N

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/