massive regressions in osmo-bts

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 09:03:04 UTC 2019

Hi Harald,

I did a quick investigation, and it seems I found the problem:

https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-ttcn3-hacks/tree/bts/BTS_Tests.ttcn#n425

Since [1] we additionally filter Access Bursts by the link quality C/I in L1SAP,
and since [2] we do provide the actual C/I values for osmo-bts-trx, as was
received from the transceiver.

[1] https://gerrit.osmocom.org/r/I893ec9c6c2ebad71ea68b2dc5f9f5094dfc43b78
[2] https://gerrit.osmocom.org/r/I8d86dec7ebc039cbfd038c4342ff328b11281865

The default minimum C/I for Access Bursts in OsmoBTS is 50 cB or 5 dB, while
the TTCN-3 test cases configure fake_trx.py to send 0 cB, so of course such
Access Bursts are getting dropped, as expected. I'll send a fix soon.

For Normal Bursts, the minimum C/I value is -5 cB, so they pass
without problems.

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.