Reset GSM tester state?

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Jan 30 12:47:39 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 04:25:08PM +0000, Holger Freyther wrote:

> > On 28. Jan 2019, at 20:30, Pau Espin Pedrol <pespin at sysmocom.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
>

> Hi!
>
> I don't know how the state works but have you considered:
>
> * Adding stale detection, either in code or jenkins?
> * far fetched.. look if subreaper can be of any help?

The state works pretty nicely if you don't kill -9 the process :P

The thought to build another safeguard around it has come up a few times
before.

yet we probably wouldn't be talking about it if jenkins didn't maintain that
habit of just kicking open the airlock to void space on the osmo-gsm-tester.

(OTOH of course it would be even nicer if we could deal with kill -9 safely as
well, but where do you draw the line; there's always *some* place where a kill
-9 breaks the plan.)

~N