35c3 feedback

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Jan 3 10:08:32 UTC 2019

Hi Keith,

On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 02:54:55PM +0100, Keith wrote:
> It's probably not a BUG as such, but rather a (lack of) implementation
> in the configured dialplan. I'm not so familiar with YATE, but I would
> imagine it is probably something that would have also been fixed by a
> simple regex modification in some yate config file.  '^(+|00)' or
> something..
>
> you make a good point though, and I glad I asked before submitting a patch.
>
> all the same, maybe it might be a nice thing for users to have, just as
> a convenience?

I would argue we should first try to find out if there's a config/setting
in yate that can make it support the '+' format.  If there's an easy fix
by just changing configs/dialplans, then we should document this in the
Osmocom wiki and/or osmo-sip-connector manual.

Implementing a workaround is an option, but I would only do it if we are
sure there is no other way to fix it, short if patching the yate source
code on the other side.

> Without a config option, for a user faced with a non compliant upstream
> SIP UA over which they have no control, they would have no choice but to
> patch and recompile the sip connector.

If the problem exists with more implementations than just yate, it would
be a strong indication that we should implement some work-around on our
side. But if it's only yate, see above comment.