LimeSDR rx level and quality

Gullik Webjorn gullik.webjorn at corevalue.se
Wed Feb 13 16:08:36 UTC 2019

The values reported by the "show connections" command seem suspect to
me. I frequently have a uplink
value of around -60 dBm, but RXQ values showing 1-4 or so. While I move
about a lot, I anticipate fading,
but there seems to be a too big BER when compared with the "healthy"
signal level.

When testing ul / dl on the Mini, I found values that reasonably well
corresponded between spectrum
analyzer and "show connections".

The downlink is, I assume, reported by the MS. The question comes up how
to verify the relatively "new"
LimeSDR Mini / and the osmo-trx-lms with regards to this issue.

I have made some improvements to the TX, and now have a nice +10 - +17
dBm signal which is indicated
by the phones. I have more than 100 m range with regards to the phones (
crappy ? ) bargraph indicator,
at least 2 bars in the periphery, and always 5 bars inside the house /
lab. Antennas are inside, and the house
made of timber. However, reception seems to be the limiting factor right
now.

Q: I have deduced that RXQ is referenced in abis_rsl.c in the bsc, is it
just propagated from the sdr up
through Transceiver, where is the actual evaluation done?

Other thoughts on this....

Regards,
Gullik