Trace needed: AMR voice call signalling on SCCP in AoIP network

Philipp Maier pmaier at sysmocom.de
Tue Sep 25 09:28:40 UTC 2018

Hello Folks,

I am trying to resolve some open questions about the encoding of the AMR
codec configuration bits S0-S15. (see also 3GPP TS 48.008, 3.2.2.103,
"The coding of Speech Codec Element for FR_AMR, HR_AMR and OHR_AMR:" and
3GPP TS 28.062, Table 7.11.3.1.3-2)

Since I do not have any AoIP network that I could trace against to
verify that all my assumptions about the coding of those bits are
correct I would love to see a trace from some other network. It would be
kind if anyone of you could help me out with that.

All I need is a trace from a call. It is important that AMR is
negotiated in the Assignment request.

best regards,
Philipp Maier

--