Build failure of network:osmocom:nightly/simtrace2 in xUbuntu_18.04/x86_64

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Sep 23 15:01:04 UTC 2018

Hi Neels,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 04:12:11PM +0200, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> These build failures are continuously piling up in my inbox.

Welcome to the club.

> Would it make sense to either fix or disable it?

The problem is that the person (likely) responsible for the commit
breaking the build has been on holidays for two weeks and hence
(understandably) not responding my related e-mail.

commit faf1e88e48c216456bdea6060a623b7c31f07c70 is likely the cause of this,
as it introduced the use of pkg-config for libpcsc-lite.

[  131s] Package libpcsclite was not found in the pkg-config search path.

I guess the only solution to this kind of problem is to ensure nobody pushes/submits
any patches immediately before any [scheduled] period of absence.

It can happen to any of us.