FreeCalypso / Osmocom testing (Re: LimeSDR-USB experience with New Splits Solved!)

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 11:56:41 UTC 2018

Hi Harald!

> > If Sysmocom folks are philosophically against doing any tests with
> > FreeCalypso firmware,
>
> I'm not sure where you would get such an idea from.  We're happy to test
> whatever makes sense technically, and if there are any [suspected]
> interoperability
> problems with the Osmocom network-side stack, then we want to resolve those,
> no matter what the MS side implementation.

Good to hear.  I was afraid that you would see my firmware as being
untouchable for you because you are located in a country that deems it
as being in violation of copyright.  Now if you *are* willing to test
FC firmware against Osmocom network-side gear, does that willingness
extend only to the dated fw version already in the flash, or would you
also be willing to test newer FC fw versions which you would need to
download from ftp.freecalypso.org and flash yourself?  Or would the
latter be unacceptable to you because your country deems all of these
FC firmwares to be in violation of copyright?

Just wondering what your stance is.

M~