confused by osmo-bts rsl.c:bts_supports_cm()

Andrew Back andrew at carrierdetect.com
Wed Sep 12 11:13:56 UTC 2018

On 10/09/18 23:07, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 03:36:43PM +0200, Keith wrote:
>> OK tested, works fine, I have pushed gerrit #10864
>
> Excellent!
>
>> but I am getting great value at the moment from the LimeSDR-mini and
>> osmo-trx-lms running on x86!!
>
> Interesting how every other dev is reporting completely different results on
> lime. For some it seems to give pure satisfaction, while others seem to be but
> puzzled by the sheer uselessness of it?

I would note that there has been varying behaviour reported with OsmoTRX
use across Lime Suite (driver) and gateware revisions, which is clearly
frustrating and something we're investigating. This likely explains why
present experiences may vary, but we're working to address this and plan
to use Osmocom CNI as a reference application in release testing.

Cheers,

Andrew

[Wearing my Lime Micro hat, but posting from this account since it's
subscribed]