voting in gerrit: merge at +3? (+2+1 / +1+1+1)

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Nov 20 00:00:20 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 03:04:23PM +0100, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/voting_on_gerritosmocomorg/

Intermediate summary: it's a very close run between "social convention only" (3
acks) and "UI enforced +3, no-one has +3 rights" (3 acks plus one '?', say
3.5). Er, should I subtract the red 'x' votes? In that case "UI enforced,
no-one has +3" would win 2.5 against 1.  Let's wait another few days, maybe
more wish to submit their vote.

About "no-one has +3", I will dislike not being able to fast-track the odd
patch here and there, and will probably use my direct write-to-git permission,
instead of waiting and wasting other people's time on, say, whitespace changes.

On the poll page, a question was asked by "Anonymous", am hereby taking the
discussion back here:

> I don't understand why you insist on calling configuration a plugin. There's
> no need to install anything which isn't already there. We have to change
> configuration according to the documentation. What "plugin" or "installation"
> are you referring to?

IIUC introducing adding up of +1 votes requires some prolog script to be
added/installed/enabled in gerrit. Last time I asked whether anyone had figured
out how to do it the answer was a resounding "?".

To say it yet over again: whatever it takes, If someone is willing to make
gerrit behave that way, fine with me. But I will not be that person.

~N