3G data connection loss

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Nov 14 19:24:01 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:19:03PM +0900, Pierre Kim wrote:
> One interesting thing that I discovered is that if I just patch the GGSN
> to ignore all Error Indication packets(not deleting the PDP context),
> data works surprisingly well.

I think this is worth investigating indeed. Have we got a redmine issue on it
yet? I guess those would be two: a) find out the source of SGSN errors and
b) be more tolerant of errors in the GGSN.

Possibly b) becomes obsolete when a) is resolved, or maybe b) is even harmful
when errors should have implied the end of a PDP context.

For a), it would be super interesting to get a pcap / log snippets of the
actual error indications attached to the redmine issue.

~N