voting in gerrit: merge at +3? (+2+1 / +1+1+1)

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin at sysmocom.de
Tue Nov 13 16:08:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

I agree with implementing this kind of change, I really like the idea of
getting more people into reviewing and their vote counting so there's no
need for somebody with +2 to merge it.

The only drawback I see is the fact that if +3 is needed, then a +2 from
some people is now not enough, which can be a pity for patches that can
be merged quickly (cosmetic, logging, etc.) or important fixes which
require quick merge.
Also, for some repos most people don't care bout or don't have much
knowledge about it, for instance the case os myself and osmo-gsm-tester,
where I usually +2 my patches right away or after leaving them under
review for a few hours/days. This would block my development or fix of
setup-related issues.

So good for me, but we need to resolve this kind of details in the
proposal beforehand.

> It involves Prolog code, but since we're all quite smart we should be able
> to figure that out, right?

 From creators of joke "how many developers are required to change a
bulb", we now get "How many developers are required to write a prolog
program than sums three numbers?"

--
- Pau Espin Pedrol <pespin at sysmocom.de>         http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93