Cheap, and easy accesible femtocell support

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Nov 7 14:18:14 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 11:48:58AM +0100, NG wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Had somebody made a support for a femtocell like Samsung, or
> huawei(uap2105), or any common femtocells?
> I just want to test and learn how MN works

You're talking about 3G right?

sysmocom offers a nano3G femto cell ready-for-use with Osmocom. For commercial
buyers there is the "3G5 Starter Kit", but in the past sysmocom has also made
more affordable offers to developers from the Free Software community around
Osmocom, including a giveaway for free a while ago. Not sure how we handle it
these days, but it can't hurt to ask sales at sysmocom.de.

So far we know of no other cheap femto cells that would be ready for use, i.e.
we have some contestants, but they don't talk to us yet.

~N