Compiler Error OsmocomTRX

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu May 24 06:47:26 UTC 2018

Hi Babar,

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 10:23:48PM +0000, Babar Ali wrote:
> I received following error while compling osmo-trx on rasbian, i have already build libosmocore-0-11-0 from source and installed but despite this still unable to compile osmo-trx, any one can help to resolve the issue!

You must have been doing something wrong either during building that version, or
during installation.

The problem you are describing is a rather generic problem when building FOSS from
source using autotools and pkg-config, nothing that really seems to related to
a problem with the Osmocom stack.

> configure: error: Package requirements (libosmocore >= 0.11.0) were not met:

I can assure you that if you actually built a 0.11.0 version, the dependency check
will work.  We have automatic compile tests of every single change we make,
and we're automatically building debian packages every night in Osmocom, and there
have not been any issues with missed dependencies or wrong versions.

Please thoroughly check your local system or start from a clean system.

> Requested ‘libosmocore >= 0.11.0’ but version of Osmocom Core Library is UNKNOWN

This clearly shows that you have somehow messed up the compilation/installation
process, and that the pkg-config file for libosmocore was generated wrongly.