OsmoHLR understanding/documentation/testing

Mykola Shchetinin mykola at razormaker.com
Tue May 15 13:49:01 UTC 2018

Dear Neels,

Thank you very much for the links.

> osmo-hlr is receiving GSUP requests and replies to them.
> In hlr.c you will see osmo_gsup_server_create() putting in place the
> read_cb() you'll find in the same file, the main entry point. The read_cb
> will be invoked by the osmo_select_main() loop whenever a GSUP client
> connects and sends a request. That should get you started with the code.

Thank you. The thing that made me confused at first is the linked list
(g_lu_ops)
which contains lu_operations. But it seems I am gradually beginning to
understand what is going on. Currently, I am compiling Osmocom-BB to test
all the stuff with Virtual Um. I am going to set a few breakpoints in
OsmoHLR to see how it goes :)

> Why are you particularly interested in the HLR?

We are going to write a simple proxy which converts from GSUP to MAP
and vice versa.
While that is not going to be easy, we have enough time and motivation for that.

King regards,
Mykola