New (but unofficial) asn1c has been applied to osmo-iuh

Chiu Bi-Ruei biruei.chiu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:58:53 UTC 2018

Dear All,

I have just uploaded my modified osmo-iuh, which a new  version asn1c is
applied, to :

https://github.com/brchiu/osmo-iuh/tree/new-asn1c

Code generated by this new asn1c can handle necessary ASN.1 information
object class feature used in several 3gpp specs, thus it remove the need of
asn1tostruct.py.

Because Lev Walkin has not accepted corresponding pull requests yet, it
should be built from Velchkov's repository :

https://github.com/velichkov/asn1c/tree/s1ap

And link to new libasn1c :

https://github.com/brchiu/libasn1c/tree/new-asn1c

I use RANAP 14.1.0, RUA 14.0.0 and HNBAP 14.0.0 to generate files.

There are still several compilation error which are irrelevant to this new
asn1c.

https://gist.github.com/brchiu/17b5d306dd3e95f5e7b255a7dbb81344

Hope someone can help solving them.

Because I do not have test environment nor have no time to verify this
porting, you are welcomed to use this result on your own.

thanks.
regards,
Bi-Ruei, Chiu.