nanoBTS constantly restarting

Michael Spahn michaelspahn.osmo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 06:43:20 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I have recently tried migrating an OsmoNITB setup to the new standard using mostly this guide right here: https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Osmocom_Network_In_The_Box <https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Osmocom_Network_In_The_Box>

However, while my nanoBTS works perfectly fine in the old setup, it just doesn not work at all in the new one. When I start osmo-bsc the LED on the BTS starts flashing green after a few seconds and then stops flashing and just stays green all the time, which is the expected behaviour. Unfortunately though, after another couple of seconds, the LED starts flashing green again and then turns red.

This is what the log shows:
BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=critical failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Fatal software error, Additional Text=l2_bch.c:1154

****

** l2_bch.c#1154:BCHbcchSItypeValid( prim_p->infoType )

** IPA_SW_FATAL_ERROR

** In task "TRX Proc:L2_BCH" @ (1063).

****

.

BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=critical failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Fatal software error, Additional Text=TRX Proc:L2_BCH:l2_bch.c#1154 (1063).

BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=warning level failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Software warning, Additional Text=31385:WARN:OAM_RES:trx_fatal_error_log.c#255:TRX has logged the error:

.

BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=warning level failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Software warning, Additional Text=31385:WARN:OAM_RES:trx_fatal_error_log.c#256:TRX Proc:L2_BCH:l2_bch.c#1154 (1063)

.

BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=critical failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Fatal software error, Additional Text=BCHbcchSItypeValid( prim_p->infoType ).

BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=warning level failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Software warning, Additional Text=31385:WARN:OAM_RES:trx_fatal_error_log.c#260:BCHbcchSItypeValid( prim_p->infoType )

20180328072641280 DLINP <0013> input/ipaccess.c:247 Sign link vanished, dead socket

20180328072641281 DLINP <0013> input/ipaccess.c:71 Forcing socket shutdown with no signal link set

20180328072641282 DCTRL <000e> osmo_bsc_ctrl.c:160 No more BTS connected, sending TRAP.

Now I'm not claiming that my config is already 100% correct but I feel like this isn't a configuration issue. I'm using the most recent nightly builds of the entire osmocom library.

Does anyone know what could be at fault here?

Kind regards,

Michael Spahn