OSMO-BTS-TRX: Cannot send payload with invalid length! (expecting 15, received 14)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Mar 18 14:17:27 UTC 2018

Hi ron,

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 02:05:56PM +0000, Ron wrote:
> In Half Rate configuration of OSMO-BSC, is there a way to used ETSI TS 101 318 standard for its RTP Payload Format? As per testing, the RTP Payload format used by OSMO is RFC5993.

This is correct.

> Can this be configured in OSMO-BSC or OSMO-BTS-TRX? Or the configuration of this is hard coded?

No, this is not configurable at this point.  If it should be added, my
guess would be that it's best to add to osmo-mgw so it could serve as an
"entry point" converting between different RTP payload formats, avoiding
that we have to implement it natively in all programs (such as
osmo-bts).  But in any case, no matter where it's added, somebody would
have to develop the related code first and contribute it.