osmo-trx commit 3da1f83

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin at sysmocom.de
Fri Mar 2 16:44:41 UTC 2018

Hi Cyril,

I am currently in the process of modifying osmo-trx to use several
components from libosmocore, such as configuration handling through VTY,
a CTRL interface and logging system.

This work is mostly done but only the first steps have been merged. The
pending patches can be found in [1] and I expect to continue work on
them next week.

I also plan to make a new release in a new branch 0.3.0 based on master
c92dad32dd403d84617236e98db892d7d285cd35, that is before dependency to
libosmocore was added.

As you may have noticed already, in the current state of master you must
already pass a .cfg file in order to start osmo-trx. This .cfg file has
the same format as all other osmocom related projects. The logging is
configured through this cfg file (actually, it's mostly the only thing
that the cfg file configures at this point in current master).

In later commits (still not merged), as sample cfg file is added to the
repo in doc/examples/osmo-trx*.cfg. In the current master state, you
should pass a file containing something like this:

!
! OsmoHLR example configuration
!
log stderr
   logging filter all 1
   logging color 1
   logging print category 1
   logging timestamp 1
   logging print extended-timestamp 1
   logging level all debug
!
line vty
  bind 127.0.0.1
ctrl
  bind 127.0.0.1

Then, as of now still call osmo-trx the same way you used to do (you can
omit the -l param) and add a capital C parameter with the config file:

./osmo-trx ... -C osmo-trx.cfg

[1] https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/6651

--
- Pau Espin Pedrol <pespin at sysmocom.de>         http://www.sysmocom.de/